Pages

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Day 3: This Is the Show I Came For!!!

I got my wish! Big fan audience last night. I was wrong, there is a difference in the performance when Barry and the gang don't have to pull teeth and reassure them it's OK to get up and have fun. Not something you can put words to - the performance is just more...intense, more energetic, more....I dunno what the words are.

And Barry seemed to be having a lot more fun throwing back to the crowd what he was receiving from them. I was afraid to draw that conclusion before last night because you don't want to ASSume what someone is thinking when they're performing. But now I'm convinced - if you hear that the show wasn't as energetic, involved, etc, there's a 99% chance that's coming from the audience.

People had the time of their lives and behaved at the same time. No desperate clinging from the stage seats, no yelling at anyone to siddown. I can handle pretty much anything if everyone's just getting into the show - yell, scream, talk, dance, spill drinks, have an orgasm, take your clothes off, it doesn't matter. Besides we're all going home tomorrow so this has to be good.

The only moments that came close to silence were (again ) "Somewhere Down the Road". It wasn't totally quiet this time like the last 2 shows. There was a lot of sniffling and Kleenex-rattling. For me it was a challenge - I'M NOT GOING TO CRY AND YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!!! My eyes were pretty full though, just like in "Forever and a Day" back in March.

The only thing I would have asked TPTB if the opportunity arose was "How's Keely holding up?" After a loss like that you don't know how well or how soo someone's going to recover. Obviously I couldn't ask anyone so I could only watch from the audience. Keely, you looked great and our prayers are still with you.

And after the show is just as fun. Some people feel tense or some other kind of pressure if they think/know the band is coming to the bar afterwards. But last night we knew they were packed up and headed for home so we could let our hair down too. Yeah, yeah, that was me in the riduculous birthday hat and flipping off my friend's camera. I would NEVER have done that sober. Hope you enjoyed that little interlude, because you'll never see that again!

Hope everyone has a safe flight home where we will get back to reality. More when I get unpacked and spend some time with my husband and little girl.

MUAH!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you made it home safely. I know we will chat tomorrow. I CANNOT WAIT to get all the details.

    D

    ReplyDelete