Pages

Friday, March 28, 2008

A moment of peace

Catching the last breather I will get until the drive home.
My job here is as a PA to the head honcho (Honchess? Honchette? Whatever...The Boss!) to this conference so there is a lot of work to do.

If there were a global nuclear holocaust tomorrow the survivors would be:
  • Cockroaches
  • Keith Richards
  • Old-fashioned Southern belles over the age of 60, who pretend that they're not strong, capable women (visualize Scarlet O'Hara saying "fiddle dee dee") but will move heaven and earth to get what they want if they have half a mind to do it.
That is my life for the next couple of days.

I packed up some Barry CDs and old tapes I finally found for the hour-long drive. Barry Manilow from 1989 got its usual playing (one of my current favorites). Then I got to rediscover If I Should Love Again. I can't believe this one didn't do as well as many of his previous records. The title track got rewound a dozen times. Anyone else reminded of "Could it Be Magic" on that intro? I'd forgotten how intense it was and it made a long, dull ride much more enjoyable. If a certain someone wanted to put that song in his live act, this fan would not complain. ;-) How's that for a subtle hint?

27.5 hours til I can walk the hell out of here and head home! I tell people around here that I have to leave early to see Barry and no one holds it against me! Even the jealous ones. 8^D
At least the one time I see the guy it will be right up close. I'll get off now before I start to ramble too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment