Pages

Friday, April 17, 2009

Miracles Never Cease (Stupidity Follow Up)

Remember how I said that the judges didn't even bother to apologize to Susan Boyle for prejudging her before her audition?

Well, looks like a miracle happened after all:

"I'm sorry, because we did not give you anything like the respect we should have
done when you first came out."

Quote from Piers Morgan here:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/TV/04/17/susan.boyle.lkl/index.html

I'd like to think that common decency is not a rarity in entertainment. But I still wonder: with calls from Larry King and Oprah is the "exposure" she is getting from the talk show circuit a real celebration of her talent, with legitimate doors open in the future, or just exploitation for the profit of those with the ability to use her?

Things that make you go hmmmmmmm........

BTW - check the CNN link: she performs "My Heart Will Go On" on Larry King.

1 comment:

  1. I fear you may be right. Within all the attention is some form of judgment. I saw it on Oprah yesterday when they were commenting that she could at least change her clothing. And this morning on Facebook there is a fan site that I highly doubt was set up by her, using her name to merchandise clothing for sale. It's sad that our society has to be so abusive. I hope she doesn't end up getting tossed aside like yesterday's tabloid journalism.

    ReplyDelete