Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A shout out and love to my visitors...

...who are experimenting with proxy servers or visiting from vacation spots.

So how is Aruba? I wouldn't take my laptop to the beach - it's impossible to get the sand out. But I'm glad that I'm part of your relaxation.

For what it's worth, yes, I peek at visitor statistics to see who is visiting. It is only curiosity. You're curious about me, I'm curious about you. But like you, there is only so much information I want to reveal. We both understand that. It's cool.

I've noticed lots of interesting people visiting and I'm flattered that you like to read what I wrote. Don't worry, I don't blab when I see you. See above - I like privacy too. I also believe in the Golden Rule (Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.)

So if you want to use a proxy server to "anonymize" your visit, I won't stop you. Or get upset, or preach. But it's hard not to take it personally. If I've been anything on this blog, it's discreet. You don't see my name anywhere, do you? You won't. And you won't see yours.

Even if you decide to drop HideMyAss.com during your visits.

(I'm serious, there's a proxy relay called Hide My Ass!!! I spit out my coffee when I saw it!!)

Equally seriously, be careful of those proxies from Russia, China, and wherever. Like Evader.org. Spam and virus city. It's not worth it to FUBAR your computer over it.

Once more I'm flattered that you enjoy coming here. I started this blog as a way of venting my spleen and to heal from some tough times. Now it's a place to go and gab over coffee. That evolution did wonders for me and my well-being. If I can share that with whoever comes by, then we can all enjoy the good karma.

Have a great week - I have a doozy of an off-topic coming soon about the Tech Team Member From Hell that I am still dealing with. (Just got him off the phone.)

Love,
YBA

No comments:

Post a Comment