Pages

Monday, July 20, 2009

Here We Go Again

It feels so good to get back to the computer. To have energy for anything, for that matter. The last few weeks my head was in a major fog. Not only could I not drag myself to the desk to write, I just didn't want to. Anything I would write about would turn YBA into a pregnancy/childbirth blog. No one likes to read that shit. I like writing it even less.

Finally, got to kick back with a cup of coffee in a quiet moment and enjoy Barry's recent vault letter and new vault song. "Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!" Almost reminds me of watching my own kid in the end-of-year preschool show. From watching my own in school, I think I have a clue as to how Grampa Joe felt.

The letter was what the doctor ordered: new stuff to speculate on. Let's hear it for not just a new record with a new style of music, but a concept record besides! I know it will take a while but I'm going to start counting weeks until it's released. I know a letter like that may not seem like much, but a little info, delivered as such is a gesture that goes a very long way.

The past few months were crazy for me. Worst of all, my folks and other family members are really clueless. I had to focus on me and TNLF. But for some reason, no matter what I did, someone always came along at exactly the wrong time and asked for a favor. Please send this item to me in the mail, they'd say. Or give someone else a call for them. Or something small and stupid. If it's such a minor request, handle it yourself! Why are you bugging me? Can't you see I have enough to prepare for as it is???

The thing was, that was just a "heat of the moment" response. I finally stopped knee-jerk reacting to the simple requests. I took a deep breath - at least one, usually more. With that I could look at the request objectively and realize it wasn't so bad. Not only that, taking five minutes worth of effort out of my day wasn't going to kill me and it would make the person requesting it a lot happier. And with fewer people crawling up my butt for simple requests, I had less pressure and stress. Sometimes it's worth it to just take a few minutes and answer the questions.

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment