Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Can't Smile....

Our household is having a rough day today. It's not going to be the last one, either, there's more on the horizon. You know how it is, when it rains, it pours. Bad stuff happens in groups, not just threes. That was today. I was a chicken without a head and I have to pull it together and keep life on a leash for the changes coming up.

Just when I was at the point where it crossed my mind to ask if it could get worse today, but knew better to focus on that because the minute you think of it, it DOES get worse, TLF asks for a video. She doesn't go to Nickelodeon or PBS, she brings me the DVD of Manilow Live. Sure, why not. Some good music always makes life go down easier.

As I'm feeding her little sister, the video gets to "Can't Smile Without You". How do I know TLF loves this song?

She pretends to hold up her own little sign.

It's tiny things like that that put the universe in perspective, even when things are going wrong.

Back to the grind, with a much lighter mood....

No comments:

Post a Comment